Enhanced Cleaning and Operational Protocols
On an ongoing basis, you can Book With Confidence, and your clients can Stay With Confidence, knowing the resorts are using state of the art cleaning and disinfection equipment and products.
All properties within the Elite Island Resorts group enjoy longstanding, well-deserved reputations for meeting and exceeding industry health and safety standards.
Important Features & Selling Points
- Health Inspections
- Prior to reopening, each resort will be inspected by the local Ministry of Health to ensure the resort meets or exceeds local health and safety requirements and protocols. Follow-up inspections will be ongoing.
- State of the Art Disinfection
- All Elite Island Resort properties are using Victory Electrostatic Sprayers and Bioesque disinfectant, the gold standards for safe, hospital-grade disinfection.
- No Shared Ventilation Systems or Air-Conditioning
- All guest accommodations at Elite Island Resort properties are in low-rise buildings (none exceeding three stories) with NO shared air-conditioning or ventilation ducts or systems. Each guest room and villas has its own completely free-standing air-conditioning unit.
- Open-Air Hallways and Corridors
- Guest rooms and villas are accessed via open-air entryways, hallways, and corridors.
- Villa accommodations typically include their own kitchen (or kitchenette) and dining areas, perfect for enjoying a meal, snack, or room service in the comfort and privacy of your own villa. Note that room service is at an additional charge.
- Private Balconies & Patios
- Virtually all accommodations at Elite Island Resort properties include spacious, private balconies or patios. Perfect for enjoying the beauty of the Caribbean while maintaining comfort and social distancing.
- Expansive Pool & Beach Areas
- Elite Island Resort properties typically feature multiple swimming pools, and expansive beach areas to allow for full enjoyment while practicing social distancing.
Resort Management & Staff
- All resort management and staff must attend multiple classes for enhanced health and safety training.
- All staff members will have their temperatures checked before and after each shift.
- Staff members exhibiting any potential symptoms will be required to stay home and be tested.
- Staff members will wear facemasks, gloves, and practice social distancing.
Please know that physicians and emergency medical personnel are available and on-call for each resort. Should the need for medical assistance arise, guests need only contact the resort’s front desk, and a physician or appropriate emergency medical personnel will respond directly to the resort. Any medical bills remain the guest’s responsibility.
Contactless Check-In & Check-Out
On arrival, guests will be shown directly to their accommodations where they can relax and complete a guest registration card at their leisure. Guests will be assigned a time window to return to the front desk later in the evening to drop off their registration card, and swipe their credit card for incidentals.
At check-out, guests will simply be invited to leave their room keys in their room, and depart the resort. Any incidentals or room charges will be charged to their credit card accordingly. This will help eliminate lines and crowds in the resort lobbies.
Enhanced State of the Art Cleaning & Disinfection
- Prior to arrival, all guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized using state of the art equipment. Once cleaned, guest rooms will be professionally disinfected using Victory Electrostatic Sprayers with Bioesque disinfecting solution. This is the current gold standard in safe and comprehensive disinfection, and is the same procedure used by many hospitals, airlines, and high-tech facilities. Once a guest room is cleaned and sanitized, a sticker will placed on the door advising the guest that no one has been inside the room since it was fully cleaned and sanitized.
- Dining and Bars.
- Kitchens, store rooms, dining venues and bars will also be thoroughly cleaned, followed by full electrostatic disinfection before and after each meal service (or in the case of bars, before and after each opening period). Ongoing cleaning and disinfection of common touch points will continue while dining venues and bars are open. Hand sanitizing stations will be prominently placed at the entrance of all dining venues and bars.
- Common Areas, Facilities and Amenities.
- Each resort has established a “Clean Team,” responsible for continuously cleaning and disinfecting common areas and common touch points throughout the resort. This includes lobbies, gift shops, spas and salons, fitness centers, water sports booths and equipment, sun loungers, seating areas, and similar common areas around the resort.
Social Distancing & Operational Protocols
- Safety Signage.
- Signage will be placed throughout the resort, reminding guests to continuously take precautions to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Signage will include, but is not limited to: wash and sanitize hands; maintain social distancing; wear facemasks where appropriate; one-way directional signage for foot traffic in certain areas; limitations on the number of guests allowed in certain venues at any one time (gift shops, fitness centers, and similar indoor areas); and such other signs and notices as may be necessary or prudent from time to time.
- Most dining venues at Elite Island Resort properties are open-air. Tables will be spaced out in dining rooms to allow for proper social distancing. Buffets will be modified so foot traffic moves in one direction, and food will be served by dining room staff members. À la carte dining options will be expanded. Paper menus, or menus with plastic covers that can be sanitized after each use will be used. All service team members will wear facemasks, along with gloves where appropriate.
- Seating will be spaced out to allow for proper social distancing. Cocktail servers will be increased to help eliminate lines and crowding at bars
- Sun lounger and other seating around pool decks will be spaced out to allow for proper social distancing. Bathing loads will be reduced to promote social distancing in swimming pools. Certain group activities, like water aerobics, will be eliminated.
- Fitness Centers.
- The number of people allowed in fitness centers at any one time will be reduced to allow for proper social distancing. Where appropriate, reservations for fitness center usage will be implemented to best ensure that all guests have an opportunity to use the resorts’ fitness centers.
- Water Sports.
- Water sports equipment will be cleaned and sanitized on an ongoing basis throughout the day. While not in use, equipment will be adequately spaced out to allow guests to approach and take equipment, while maintaining social distancing. While in use, guests will be instructed to maintain proper social distancing at all times. Equipment will be cleaned after each use.
- Please note that, for health and safety reasons, shared dive masks and snorkels will no longer be available from the resorts’ water sports booths. Guests wishing to snorkel should bring their own masks and snorkels. Masks and snorkels will also be made available for purchase in the resorts’ gift shops.
- Fitness Activities.
- Fitness activities including yoga, aerobics, and dance classes will continue—but in a manner that allows for proper social distancing. Any equipment used will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Spas and Salons.
- The resorts’ Spas and Salons will remain open, but with the number of guests being limited to allow for proper social distancing. Spa and Salon staff will wear facemasks, and guests may choose to wear facemasks for added safety. Spa and salon rooms and equipment will be fully cleaned and sanitized after each treatment.
- Tours and Excursions.
- Certain tours and excursions that allow for proper social distancing will continue to be available. Examples include island safari tours, scuba diving, catamaran cruises, and sport fishing. Due to the fluid nature of the Covid-19 situation, we cannot guarantee the availability of any particular off-site tour or excursion. However, we do expect that a number of the more popular tours and excursions will be available, as circumstances permit.
- Kids Clubs.
- At family-friendly resorts, Kids Clubs will remain closed until further notice. This policy will remain in place for the remainder of 2020, and will be reviewed in early 2021. The resorts will reopen the Kids Cubs once they feel they can do so safely and responsibly.
- Outdoor Sports and Activities.
- Open-air facilities, such as tennis courts, pickleball courts, volleyball courts, bicycling and similar outdoor activities will remain open—but with social distancing being strictly enforced. Any equipment used will be sanitized after each use.
- Gift Shops and Retail.
- Gift Shops, Jewelry Shops and similar retail outlets at the resorts will remain open, but with a limited numbers of shoppers at any one time to allow for proper social distancing. Continuous cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces will continue throughout the day.
This document is intended to provide a broad overview of the new and continuing protocols at all resorts. This will help ensure an enjoyable, safe and healthy atmosphere for all guests and team members. There is, of course, much more going on behind the scenes to provide guests with wonderful vacation experiences—and the confidence of knowing we take the health and safety of our guests, visitors and team members very seriously.
While the risk of Covid-19 exposure can never be reduced to zero in a travel and tourism setting, we are making the necessary investments in training, equipment, and products to help ensure the best possible Caribbean holidays for our mutual clients.